Monday, December 15, 2014

Do Cats have Separation Anxiety?

Yes they do. Just ask me I have personally viewed this first hand. My Momma cat Jezz is the Queen of Separation Anxiety. This is one cat who knows when I am going to visit relatives. I don't even have to say the words, she just knows. I suppose the extra activity on my day off my be a clue. Jezz will follow me as I pack a bag, will sit on the bathroom counter as I brush my teeth, comb my hair and put on makeup. All the while she will be rubbing up on me and meowing very pitifully. I feel really bad but I do have family to visit and with five cats I do make sure everything is in place, but with Jezz no one is as good as Mom. I don't have any real solutions to this problem, other than just to make sure everyone is comfy before I leave and that I personally feed and water everyone before I go. I spend a few minutes with each cat and a few extra with Jezz. I am never gone long, but to her it must seem like an eternity. My son makes sure she stays out of harms way, this is the one who thinks all of the other cats are evil, and makes her own trouble. So yes separation anxiety is real. Think of your furry babies like children, and try to make everything as calm as possible when you must go away. Well I have an emergency, Mr. Pees a Lot dragged my bath mat off the side of the tub and peed on it. Good Grief.

No comments:

Post a Comment