Thursday, November 27, 2014

A Day to be Thankful for.

Today is Thanksgiving. This is a day to give thanks for all that we know and love. Today is also a day to remember loved ones far and near. Sometimes people say I have nothing to be thankful for, but just maybe deep down in your heart you know you do have at least one thing. So let me remind everyone that at this time of year when we are busy preparing for the Holidays we may have people whom we forgot to check in with, a distant friend or family member, an elderly neighbor or even your own parents. So this year instead of being stressed out because your children want all of the fancy new gadgets you can't really afford, do something nice for and elderly neighbor. Donate your time and your kids time to help feed the homeless. Donate time at a rescue shelter for animals, or just donate a portion of the money you were going to spend on that ugly sweater for Uncle Harry, or that toy for Little Johnny will break in two days to doing something good for someone who has nothing. Even the smallest thing can bring joy to someone who maybe lonely during the Holidays. I am grateful for my children and grandchildren. I don't hear from or see them a lot, but I am still grateful that they are in my life. I love my children, they are good kids. Check on your Mother kids. I am grateful that I have five wonderful cats. They make me crazy some days but, bring joy to my life. I am grateful that I have a job I like, and people whom I work with are good people. They can also make me a bit crazy but that's life. I am especially grateful for all of my family who are far and near. I am grateful for the lessons my Mom taught me, and for my Dad teaching me how to be a farmer. So today take a moment and reflect on what you are grateful for, may it be small or large, and love one another all year long. Happy Cat.

No comments:

Post a Comment