Saturday, October 11, 2014

Black Pet Safety this Halloween Season.

This article is published by Patrica Khuly. Also I will add my own comments at the end as well. I wish it were a myth. Though dogs are usually not the target of Halloween season pranksters, blacks cats historically suffered abuse during this time of year. When it happens, its usually at the hands of those who consider burning, hanging or otherwise torturing felines an appropriate form of "celebration". The cultural drive behind this gruesome activity harkens back to the superstitions surrounding black cats as the harbingers of evil. Now my comments. So you can well imagine what I thought when I read this article. I am so appalled by the things that people believe in. Yes black cats are evil, about as evil as bunny rabbits. I have the most loving big black cat you have ever seen. Yes he does attack Sophia, but that is just cat ergonomics. I sometimes wish I was a witch, because I would certainly have lots of black cats, and would also turn a few ignorant people into little white mice for the black cats to chase to their hearts content. But really black cats have gotten a bad rap and that is very unfortunate. They are beautiful, and have either yellow or green eyes. I have seen a picture of one with blue eyes, and it was truly beautiful. Also at this time of the year, shelters and animal rescue's will not let black cats be adopted. Very Smart. So if you are thinking of getting a furry baby consider getting a fluffy black cat, after the Halloween season of course. Black cats are the least adopted cat, so sad. So here to all the big beautiful BLACK CATS of the world, I salute you. Happy Momma Cat.

No comments:

Post a Comment