Thursday, October 16, 2014

Coming Home.

The best part of coming home is that I know I will be greeted at the door by not one, not two, but up to five cats. You see I enjoy having someone at home who appreciates the fact that I do come home. After I drop everything in my hands I go around and pet each cat on the head, and if someone looks like they need a bit more, I give them a good petting or snuggle. I then listen to the chirps and meows that signal that they are hungry. So before anything else is done I give them their canned food. This they eat with gusto. If someone doesn't finish Jekyll makes sure that he checks each bowl for leftovers, and takes care of them in short order. After everyone is fed and happy, I check litter boxes take care of that, and then settle down with whatever I have at hand to do. Sometimes after a long day I just plop on the couch and turn on some show, and along with a cat or two I snooze, and them with me. If I am working on my blog of course my editor Jinx is on hand and in my face to make sure everything is up to her standards. Jezzabel likes to sit beside me and watch if I am playing a game and sometimes will sit in front of the computer as if to say "Look at Me". I often just let her sit and purr to her hearts content. A cat's purr I find so beautiful and love to hear a happy cat purring. To me it is very calming as well. As our day wears down everyone finds a spot to sleep, some with me and others elsewhere, that they feel the most comfortable. And each morning we start our day over, some check me out as I get ready for work, others wait by the food and water dishes for fresh food and water, then a whole brand new day starts, as I head out the door, saying be good I will see you later, and pet everyone as I go. I know when I arrive home they will be Happy I am Home. Happy Momma Cat.

No comments:

Post a Comment