Thursday, October 9, 2014

Lykoi Cat "Werewolf Cats"

Today I stumbled upon an article about Lykoi Cats. Or "Werewolf Cat" Oh my gosh they are so beautiful. To see a picture of them just type in the name in your search engine. Here is the back story I got from Pet360, sorry I didn't catch the authors name. Discovered from a gene mutation in domestic shorthair cats, the Lykoi is reported to be the first type of cat specifically bred for its unusual features. They have a thin single coat and little to no hair around the nose, eyes, underbelly and paws. This specific trait, though found naturally in some cats, had not been purposely bred until Brittany and Johnny Gobble, a vet and practiced breeder, begin developing the Lykoi. After extensive testing of the two founding kittens from different litters with the same appearance, and after the testing proved them to be in good health, the Lykoi breeding program was born. It was found to be a natural mutation and does not come from a known disease or disorder. The name for the breed, Lykoi, is loosely derived from the Greek phrase meaning "Wolf Cat" and The International Cat Association officially recognized the breed in 2012. Alright, I of course have to interject my voice here, as always. I did look at the Facebook page of the breed, very pretty cat in a weird way I guess. Now one or two things in the article I have to comment about. Does not come from a known disease or disorder. In our crazy world what about the unknowns, this is something I want more information on. I could just accept the facts for what they are or dig a little more into the breed. I am always up for more information and to learn something new. How about you guys. So I will do some research this weekend so you can enjoy your families and friends, hey I have no life. Do know that I am not knocking the breed or the breeders of these beautiful creatures, I just would like to know more. So check back and see us around Sunday with that information, I find it's kind of fun to look around and see what is up in the crazy world of cats. Happy Cat. Jekyll I can type myself, yes I know you can type. Where's th4e editor anyway? Jinx!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment