Sunday, October 12, 2014

Lykoi Cats, Common questions answered.

As promised I looked up more information on the Lykoi Cats. I took these questions from the official website about Lykoi Cats. The questions are answered by Johnny Gobble who is a DVM and also the breeder of these unique cats. This question about cracked me up. Are they truly cats? Or a cross with a monkey/opossum? The breeder says he cracks up every time he hears this question. They are 100% cat. They are extremely unique looking, but that is what they "naturally look like." What do they feel like? The Lykoi feel very much like a typical "barn cat" (I believe he means most domestic cats). The hair is soft, and the skin warm to the touch, and the nose feels like rubber bands! How funny. What are their personalities like? The breeder likes to compare the Lykoi to a hunting dog. They are extremely loyal to their owners (slaves), very scent motivated, yes many cats are... but these guys go almost "on point" when they get a whiff of something. They can be clingy at times, but will amuse themselves if you are busy... as long as they are close enough to keep an eye on you. Do they get along with other animals? Definitely! Lykoi love both human and animal companionship and as long as introductions are done properly, they fit right in. Are there any known genetic health issues with this breed? This answers my questions I had in a blog about them. I am satisfied with the answer. The breeder say no, at this time we have found nothing. Although since the breed is a natural mutation from domestic shorthair cats, the Lykoi could share health issues in your common cat. The website is so informative and I found all of my questions answered. The amount of testing that was done on the founding cats, and I am sure no cat was harmed in the process, showed that these cats are "truly a natural mutation". So I look forward to learning more about them, so go check out the website. Happy Cat.

No comments:

Post a Comment