Thursday, July 17, 2014

Smart Pet Solutions.

Every time I think about the summer months I know the cats are going to shed, and shed they do. Some worse than others. Jekyll sheds and has dry skin. Well I found a solution in one of my magazines. Cats loose a large amount of hair with every heat wave. There are at least 130,000 hairs per square inch on your kitty's body. Oh My! That is a lot of hair. I have mentioned that I go to work hair free or so I always think only to see that it is all over me again when I get to work. So now I know why. To help curb some of that shedding try this. Pour 1 cup of water into a spray bottle and add 1/4 teaspoon of pure almond oil or olive oil. Shake well and spritz over the cats coat after a good brushing twice a week. Then rub your fingers through the cat's fur to evenly distribute the solution. The oil will help replace lost moisture in the cat's skin and help reduce shedding of the cat's coat. Also the oil is not toxic and can help with the hair balls your cat may have. This spray works well for dogs also. so I guess we will see how good this works for my bunch. I'll let you know. Here is another tidbit for you with pets. When warmer weather hits animals loose their appetite just as humans do. Sometimes you feel like having just cold food for supper well maybe your pet does as well. Try putting some wet food on a dish and set it in the freezer for awhile, this will possibly pique your pets interest in the food, and keep them cool as well. I am sure not every pet will appreciate a cold dinner, but you could give it a try. I have found that with dogs it is also good to put ice cubes in their water dishes. Need to take the cat to the vet's or just transport to a sitter's and don't have a pet carrier. Try this trick. If you have two square laundry baskets of the same size and use bungee cords to secure. This is also easier than trying to put a cat into a regular carrier especially if they are ill. Place a cozy blanket in the bottom, and away you go.

No comments:

Post a Comment