Friday, July 18, 2014

WOW! That's some good stuff Mom.

Jekyll just loves his scratch box. I had to buy him a new one as he had totally destroyed the old one. They are pretty inexpensive at a local store, and they come with catnip to pour on it. Well all I have to do is unwrap the thing and sprinkle catnip on it and the big guy is in seventh heaven. As you can see by the picture he is mellow, I mean mellow. Kind of like a junky on drugs. Bad reference sorry. So I guess catnip is what Prozac to some people. Alright I will quite with the wise cracks. Jekyll becomes so mellow even Jezz can walk right up to him and sniff him, and he doesn't even care. I like those odds. She will sniff and walk away. I know some people have opinions on giving cats catnip, and I don't have one. My cats like it and act mellow and not stupid like some cats do. I have a friend who's cat becomes nuts and races around the house like it's butt is on fire. It really is funny, as long as the cat doesn't harm themselves. Some cat's cannot tolerate catnip and you will know if you try and give it to your cat. It will act very offended that you stuck something near it's face and actually thought your cat wanted it. Sophia is like that sometimes, she didn't care for it at first and then she warmed up to it, and now will eat fresh catnip. When buying catnip make sure that it is from a reputable source. American made. Fresh catnip is the best and you can grow it very easily, the best why is in a container, if you plant it in the ground expect that in a few years it will take over everything. It comes back year after year, and is easy to grow. Sometimes a friend may have some and all you have to do is dig it up and away it goes. So as long as my big black cat is happy, I'm happy. He does need a new box though. He breaks them down pretty quick. I try bigger boxes so he fits better, but he prefers the smaller ones. Well have a fabulous night. Happy Mellow Cats.

No comments:

Post a Comment