Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Dance of the cats.

Cats Dance. At least at my house they do, and dance well I might add. The dances vary from morning to night. The morning dance consist of mom moving her feet on the bed and a cat dances around them to avoid the kick off. The next dance is at the bathroom sink, or sitting on the sink and doing the paw swat dance. The sink dance involves me dodging the cat as he or she moves along the counter in my way I might add, and artfully moving around the sink and in front of me as I get ready for work, this will also include the cat who tippy taps on my shoulder for attention dance. My favorite in the morning is I need a drink dance with a cat artfully swaying and swishing to get me to turn on the sink for a drink from the tap dance. Play on words there. This one is where a cat turns themselves upside down to drink from the faucet. The afternoon dance is waiting at the door for me to open the door and try to dodge out the door dance, with me a blocking the way, not easy when five cats are dancing to the tune of LET ME OUT. Its a rather obnoxious song. On to the bedroom to see who can knock over mom with a running through the bedroom dance, this involves me ducking the cat on the dresser flying to the bed, and ending up in the bathroom with the two big cats interrupting well you know. They will intertwine around my feet, not easy for big cats, and intertwine around each other and it is all rather graceful. They stop and do so at the same time one to be petted and the other to wait his turn and then on again. The kitchen dance is just a marvel. All five are dancing to and fro to be the first to receive a nice bowl of chow. Sophia will dance across the counter to try and get the first bowl, sorry Sophia, get down, then fluffy butt aka Jinx tries to dance her way to the bowl as well, this leaves three cats to dance around the kitchen floor in circles that intertwine each other until the bowls are served. The mouse dance is a dance that only Phantom does, he will get a furry mouse and swat it into the air and dance around the mouse when it lands, then it flies into the air again and again, till he is tired of the dance. So yes Virginia Cats Do Dance.

No comments:

Post a Comment