Sunday, August 17, 2014

Is my cat bored? Probably

I get a lot of information from the net about cats, as well as from my own experiences. After all with five cats, count them, never mind. I do learn a lot by just watching interactions at my own house, and because I am curious as a two year old, I subscribe to several web sites for new information to bring you and learn something new myself. So I found this article on the net, unfortunately I forgot which one. Yes cats do get bored. I know that boredom in cats makes them sleep way to much. So during the day while I work they sleep. Not when I get home. I try and interact with each cat everyday. Weather it is cuddling, brushing or going outside, I try and make life more interesting. Sometimes it is hard as I am tired from 10 hour work days. I talk to each cat, who knows what they understand, it doesn't matter, like right now, Jinx get off the keyboard. Or Jezzabel who proofreads everything I type. Seriously. So here are some suggestions to fight boredom. One of my suggestions is get catnip. It is fun to watch a cat roll his big black self all over the stuff. He doesn't eat it just rolls in it. My own suggestion. Window views are important for cats. If you can get a window perch, my windows will not hold one but I have cats perches in front of my windows for them to view the world. Put a bird feeder outside a window for more kitty fun. Scratching post are important, not only does it help kept the furniture safe, it lets them stretch. Create refuges for them, places high and low, they like this, Jekyll has one in the closet, Sophia the cupboard above my counter, and Jezz has her bed tucked under a pie safe. Places they can view what is going on are good. Pet toys are important, a variety is good and they do pick out what they like, our fave here is little furry mice, and sparkly balls. Play time with your cat is good, get a small dowel and attach a sturdy string on it and wrap a toy onto the string and bounce that around for the cat to chase. Also ribbon wiggling on the floor is interesting. Pens on the counter are fun at my house. A nice sunny spot is always welcome, and needed by cats, and if you are able just set up that bird feeder by a sunny window as well. Happy Cat.

No comments:

Post a Comment