Thursday, November 7, 2013

The Great Escape

As normal I have a routine I follow when I get home from work. Jake the dog gets to go out as he has waited all day. Wish he would use the litter box. Out the door he heads and to the back yard, then on to the neighbors to pee on her rock garden then to the other neighbor's house to go on her bush. All this time I am following him around to make sure he doesn't run to far, on this day he stayed in our yard, after he is done I tell him house and he races to the porch. Well he is always faster than I am so I hear a thud and as I come around the house see that he has hit the screen door which is wide open. I hadn't shut the main door, so of course all I can think is Her Highness has headed out that door. She loves going outside. Nope it was the big cats Phantom and Jekyll. Jekyll was headed down the driveway and Phantom was frozen in fear. So I scooped him up and then grabbed Jekyll. I then proceed to take a head count, Jinx was running around the house her tail two sizes bigger than normal, Sophia was sitting on a case of water, well wouldn't you know Her Highness was in the bedroom on the dresser. I swear she looked like she had something to do with this. It was like, I didn't tell them to go outside but really hoping that they would forever be gone. She seemed really pleased with herself. So the moral of the story is make sure the screen door is closed tightly or Jezzebel gets her wish, the big cats finally get lost. Sorry Jezzebel. Not Happy Cat. Still want a cat?

No comments:

Post a Comment