Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Being Ignored

Poor Jezzebel and Jinx. The norm around here was Jezzebel and Jinx shared my bed, one on the end and one curled up next to me. But recently the big cats Jekyll and Phantom have hogged the bed and I even want to sleep somewhere else. So Jezzebel has been sleeping curled up on the couch and Jinx under the Christmas tree. I feel like my poor little girls are being ignored. I think they do as well. So each day when I come home I give them alone time, just me and one of them at a time. Then of course one of the boys will see that they are not the center of attention and make Jezzebel crabby and she gets down from my lap hissing and spitting. Then Jekyll wants to chase Jinx around the house because he really wants to play, I am telling you those poor little girl cats see that big galoot coming at them and they freak out. So for now the shift in sleeping arrangements may or may not last long and I will have my bed back, and the girls will have there spots back as well. So as you can see having a large clan like I do the dynamics change almost daily, and somethings never change. I am always amazed by how they either interact or choose not to. The boy cats have been here for almost six months and Jezzebel still hates them, Sophia ignores them, Jinx tolerates them, and Jake the dog could care less. I for one would still like to find good homes for the boys even though I am not sure I really could let them go. So you see I really could use a cat nanny. Crabby Cats, Tired Mom.

No comments:

Post a Comment