Tuesday, June 17, 2014

A Feral Cats Journey.

Today I decided to look up information on Feral Cats. So here is the definition of a Feral Cat. A feral cat is one that has been born in the wild and has had no human contact during it's impressionable kitten period. They are difficult an maybe impossible to domesticate later in life. So born to a feral momma cat is a kitten or two. The life of this kitten is fraught with danger. His mother must leave them to hunt for food, she must hide them so that they are not found by other animals and carried off and eaten or just plain killed. The mother may not be able to find enough food to sustain herself so the kittens may perish because their mother cannot feed them, or she may just abandoned them, not knowing how to be a mother. She being a very young cat herself. In this country alone there are probably a million feral cats. Some of these cats may have been pets at one time and returned to the wild. They may not be feral but can become wild and revert to their natural state if they are capable. A Feral Cat has a very short life span on the average it is around 4.7 years. If you type in Feral Cats on Bing it will take you to various sites that show information about these cats. I can only say that what I saw made me sob like a child who fell off her bike. My heart is broken. Feral cats have caused some communities to put bounties on them as they have caused destruction, and can of course can be diseased. Or just be a nuance to the community. I figure that the cat didn't ask to be put into that position in the first place, I figure that all they wanted was to be loved and cared for. People unfortunately have cause this situation themselves. Adopting a kitten, and then throwing it out with the bath water because they didn't realize that it would require care, and couldn't be left alone for a week while you went on vacation. Or maybe you just hated changing the litter box. A Feral Cat has no journey, all he has is a life of misery. I am only one person, I cannot solve this problem myself, and I am weary just thinking about it, but I will. I have hope, but I know that today one more lost cat will perish. So maybe just maybe you will donate that expensive cup of coffee money to help all of the lost animals in your community. I am Sad Cat.

No comments:

Post a Comment