Friday, June 6, 2014

My Sweet Sophia

This is a picture of Sophia, and this is how she sleeps most of the time. She is my sweet girl and a shy girl until Jekyll comes near and then she is all teeth and claws. Sophia is the youngest member of the family and she is also the smallest. I know she was an orphan and didn't have her momma long enough and that maybe is why she is so small. As I mentioned Sophia was found in a barn wall with her brother. A kind lady found them and nursed them until Sophia was old enough to have a new forever home. I was happy to have her. When I brought her home she would lay on my chest and snuggle under a blanket, content to be held. The girls Jezz and Jinx felt betrayed. I had to leave Sophia in the bedroom while I was at work so that they didn't attack her. I am sure she was very lonely, but I made up for it when I got home. Sophia was given her own little litter box and when she was introduced to it she proceeded to jump in it and roll around in the litter. Thankfully it was a brand new box and fresh litter. It was a very funny sight this little kitten playing in the litter box. She soon made friends with Jinx being Jinx who is the most forgiving as far as new members coming into the house. they will sit and groom each other and chase each other around. Sophia likes to be petted on her terms but will sit still for a long time for a kitty massage. She is a very big part of our family and we are glad she lives with us. Happy Cat.

No comments:

Post a Comment