Tuesday, June 24, 2014

The Top 8 Health benefits from owning a pet.

The following information was taken from Cattime.com. Very nice website. Has lots of info. So if you have thought about getting a pet, do it if you can. Keep in mind that they are like children and need care, your time and do involve expenses. Some of the info is the websites, and of course some of it is just plain ole me. 1. MORE PHYSICAL ACTIVITY. If you own a dog this requires walking. In my case I walk the cats. They do enjoy it. So get out there and take Fido or Fifi for a walk and get some exercise. Couch potatoes don't make great pet owners. Hey I have opinions. 2. LESS STRESS. Yes pets can be stressful, if you let them. But don't. For the most part a pet can reduce stress. Just pet a furry creature, no not bears, for awhile and see how calm you can become. Now I'm not saying when you get done petting them they won't want you to stop but, deal with it. 3. LOWER BLOOD PREASSURE. Along with lifestyle changes and maybe medications a pet can help reduce your blood pressure. Have some fun get down on the floor and wiggle along the floor with your dog, or roll around like a cat. It's fun and will make you laugh. And we all know laughter is good medicine. Just be silly sometimes. Your cat and dog are. 4. LOWER RISK OF HEART DISEASE. Your fluffy fur ball could be helping you fight heart disease. Studies have found people with cats are 40% less likely to have fatal heart attacks. Does that mean I am really less likely, hey I have 5 cats. Probably not. 5. ALLEVIATE DEPRESSION. When feeling down I know that it helps to snuggle with a cat. My bunch are always doing something to brighten my day. The National Institute of Mental Health recognizes animal assisted therapy. Rejoice pet owners a pet can make you feel less isolated. 6. ALLERGY PREVENTIVE. A seven year study found children who where raised around pets from birth were less likely to develop allergies or asthma. 7. LOW BLOOD SUGAR DETECTION. Having a dog who is trained to detect low blood sugar would be a bonus to those who are diabetic. Dogs can sense a change in your body smell when you are in danger of low blood sugar. I am not really sure what all of this involves, as the article didn't go into great detail. 8. LESS RISK OF STROKE. This must be payment for all of those times you have to clean a smelly litter box. Owning a cat cuts a person's risk of having a stroke by more than a third, unless of course that cat wants to sit in the middle of your notes and head butts you while you are trying to type. Well that is all for now. I hope you learned something today. Tomorrow I will continue with information until you are so bored you will beg me to talk about how silly the cats are. Happy Cat.

No comments:

Post a Comment