Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Tragic

I am going to start this story with a story. I received a phone call from my office. They had received a call from the hospital that one of my employees was bitten by a cat while at work. Now anytime someone is hurt I am to be informed. So I of course am thinking something just is not right with this whole story. So I contact a family member of this person, as she goes to college during the day I didn't want to bother her. I get the story from her dad. She was going to her car after work and found a cat, that was very skinny and she decided to get it and take it to the police station. Of course they don't want it. Anyway she was rewarded for her efforts by being bitten and scratched pretty good from what her dad said. The moral of this story is "Why would you try to pick up a feral cat, if not feral so scared out of it's mind it will attack"? So later I was walking out to my car to run to the bank, and here sits a cat. The cat is near a curb just watching the world go by. I am pretty sure that this very skinny but beautiful creature is the cat in question. So now that I have seen him or her I am very angry that this poor cat is wandering the earth alone. My co-worker and I decide to buy cat food and feed the cat, not really a great idea, but I cannot not let this animal starve. I know that I will have to gain the trust of this cat and try to capture it and find it a shelter. We do have a no kill shelter in our area, so I will do what I have to. I work on a very busy road, so I don't even know if the cat will survive until I can get it to safety. Let me just say this again, if you cannot afford your pet or do not want them anymore, please be responsible and find a new home for them. Better yet don't get a pet. Pets are like children they need you to be responsible and care for them, they cannot do it alone. Really if your child acted out and was bad, would you put them out to wander around alone and without your guidance? I don't think so. So if you are not up to the job, don't get a pet. And if you are get them fixed so that they don't bring anymore unwanted babies into the world. There are enough cats and dogs to go around. So please I beg you be responsible. Sad Momma Cat.

No comments:

Post a Comment