Thursday, April 3, 2014

Lions, Tigers and Bears oh MY.

Things that go bump in the night, are of course all the things in the title and things that live in my house. Try sleeping with a grandchild who is a night owl, especially when I go to bed very early and he stays up later. Of course there are 5 cats who run through the house chasing each other and flinging fake mice across the kitchen floor. Jumping on the bed meowing in my ear and pawing my face. I think maybe I might be better off with Lions, Tigers and Bears. Well providing they are in cages. Some days I think cages maybe a good idea. Not really, but I have moments when I want to lock myself in a room away from my little lions. Cats as animals in the wild still have some of their natural instincts. They still want to protect their own, and are territorial. They also have the abilities to spot things even our eyes do not see. I can't count how many times I will see a cat looking at the wall or in a corner and not have a clue what they are looking at only to find on real close inspection it is either a very small bug or spider. But I do have to look very close. Cats can spot fast flying birds and wasps, all things we may not spot. I have a tree outside one of my windows and I swear I don't see the birds, but the cats do. So my little Tigers still have some wild in them, I just hope they will not become lumbering Bears. Happy Cats.

No comments:

Post a Comment