Wednesday, April 2, 2014

April Fool's Day

Okay I know I am a day late for April Fool's, but sometimes it just works that way at my house. Today I am going to talk about things that are not a joke concerning your furry babies, or darn cat anyway. Safety is always a concern at my house. My biggest problem is Her Highness always wanting to escape when the front door is open. Try bring in groceries at my house. I have to maneuver in such a way my rear goes in the house first so that I can see if a cat has managed to go out the door. Okay not today. Paperclips or rubber bands are of great interest to cats. Rubber bands are especially tasty for some reason, but are very deadly to cats. I have one cat who finds crinkly paper to be of great interest. He can find it in the oddest places, and the smallest pieces. When I catch him with it he runs for the hills. That crinkly paper may be fun to him, but also can be a great source of problems. Think large vet bills. Electrical cords are some fun as well, think dead cat. If possible purchase a product at the pet store that repels them. Vinegar is also good, as they do not like the taste or smell. Spray along the cord after you have unplugged it, let dry and hope for the best. Another idea I had was save toilet paper rolls and put the cords inside of those to hide them. The cords not the cats. Keep the toilet lid closed, hear that guys. Cats do like water, and toilets have what cats think is a fresh supply. Think drowned cat, not such a good idea, or a very wet cat running through your house like a maniac. Mini blind cords, oh how much fun those are, but your cat can get tangled and strangled. So just like child proofing your home you need to cat proof it as well, so that is all for April not so Foolish. Safe and Happy Cat.

No comments:

Post a Comment