Sunday, April 20, 2014

Sorry About That.

Well we had a bit of a computer malfunction on Saturday, so we were unable to let you know how everything was at Miss Kitty's house. She is fine and when I grab my other computer I will upload some pictures of the little darling. Miss Kitty is no longer chewing electrical cords, thank goodness. Well we have some interesting tidbits. It's from the Reader Digest. The article is called "50 Secrets Your Pet Won't Tell You". The article deals with Cats and Dogs. So here goes. This relates to dogs as well as cats. Because animals are creatures of habit, even subtle change in my behavior is a red flag that I might be sick. So if it takes me an hour to eat my food instead of a few minutes, if I appear tired when playing, or I drink way to much water, call the vet and get me there. When you first bring me home (as in a new puppy) please introduce me around so I'm not afraid of strangers. Make sure the people are all sizes, shapes, colors, and wearing hats and shades. While some of us gulp down grass only if we've eaten something that doesn't agree with us and we're trying to regurgitate it, others of us just like to munch on the lawn, just make sure it is pesticide free. Some facts on cats. If I stiffen every time you run your hand down my back, take a hint, I don't like it and it is very stressful to me. This would be Jekyll who hates to have his back stroked, so we avoid it at all cost. This is interesting, a cat is not untrainable. They can learn to sit, come , touch a target with their nose, jump through a hoop, and give you a high five, as fast as or even faster than a dog. There are tutorials on You Tube you can check out to train cats. That's all for tonight, join us tomorrow for more of the Reader Digest article and Miss Kitty photos. Happy Kitties, and very tired Momma cat.

No comments:

Post a Comment