Sunday, September 21, 2014

What is that? If the cat sees it, it must be there.

Ever notice your cat staring intently at something? You look don't see anything, but it's there. Where, I don't know. I have a great fear of spiders. Just typing the word gives me the willies. So when I have a cat fixated on a spot on the wall I have to investigate, and hope like hell it's not a spider. Usually it's not but just in case I arm myself with a shoe, a newspaper, a magazine, the cat or whatever to kill it. I have no problem smashing them. Now if it's a ladybug out the door it goes, or any type I can capture and set free, but not a spider, heck no its got to go. Jinx will sit and stare at the floor intently and I always know what see is looking at, and to think after all these years she would just ponce on that devil bug and get rid of it so I don't have to. Flies are another story. Let a fly get into the house and it is a chase to the death. Whoever finds it wants to keep it and eat it. Protein you know. A fly chase is dangerous as a cat will try and fly through the house just to catch it and the cat could care less what is in the way or whom he or she runs over. Wasps are another one the cats will sit and watch it try to get outside, normally they will not attempt to catch it but make enough commotion that I investigate and get rid of it for them. It is like they know that a wasp is dangerous and stings. Sophia will sit and watch a spot just over your head, she does that a lot and creeps people out doing it, when you look behind you, nothing absolutely nothing there. But Sophia sees it and stares to the point that you wonder what green goblin is attached to your wall only Sophia can detect. Creepy when she does this. So if the cat is staring and fixated on a spot, most likely something is there, and what it is you can only guess at, in my case it is one of two things, a spider(shudder) or a green goblin attached to my wall. Happy Cat.

No comments:

Post a Comment