Monday, March 31, 2014

March of the Cats. Day 31.

As you can see March of the Cats is coming to an end. I hope you have enjoyed the play on words for the month as much as I have. If not so be it. Today I have some interesting facts about cats for you. I really like finding these tidbits. So here goes.1) There are over 500 million domestic cats in the world, this does not include feral cats. Wonder how many of those there are? 2) Cats and humans have been associated for nearly 10,000 years, wow that is a really long time, think centuries. 3) Domestic cats weigh around 8 pounds. 4) The heaviest domestic cat on record weighs in at 46 pounds 15.2 ounces. 5) Like humans, cats also possess blood groups AB. 6) The African Wild Cat is the grandparent of all cats. 7) On average, cats spend 2/3 of every day sleeping. That means a nine year old cat has been awake only three years of it's life. Wow that explains why I never get any sleep, they are awake when I'm sleeping, because they have slept so much all day long. 8) Mohammed loved cats and reportedly his favorite cat Muezza, was a tabby. Legend says that tabby cats have an "M" for Mohammed on top of their heads because Mohammed would often rest his hand on the cats head. 9) A cat lover is called Ailurophilia, Greek; cat + lover. So here are nine facts for the day. Hope you enjoyed them, as I enjoyed looking them up. As March winds down, may everyone have a wonderful day and look forward to warmer days and splendid sunrises, and sunsets with your furry babies. I enjoy spending this time with you and hope that I can spend many mores days with you. Please keep reading and enjoy, I am sure there are more adventures to be had here in the Catdom. Happy Cat, and Happy Momma. Goodnight Phantom.

No comments:

Post a Comment