Thursday, January 2, 2014

Good Deed gone Wrong

I know that I have asked people to consider going to a shelter to adopt a pet, but please take into consideration that these animals need special love and attention. I am not saying that you wouldn't make great pet parents but sometimes things go horribly wrong. I want to share a story from a local police officer. I was hanging a new calender where I work and he came in, he asked what was on it and I said cats of course. I told him I was a Kitty Momma to five rescued cats. He then told me about the time he and a fellow officer along with animal control where called to a home in his township where they found 180 cats of all sizes and breeds, both male and female. These cats where in cages, males in one area of the house and females another. The man who had them was retired and they found out that he used his retirement check to feed them. He was sleeping on a mattress in the kitchen next to the stove. They said that the smell was horrendous. A vet was also there and she had to put three of the cats asleep right then. After the officers got the information they needed walked outside to get fresh air and found that they all had fleas covering the bottom of their pants and shoes, and they were horrified. The officer also told me that the man was known to trap cats and bring them home. I am sure at some point the man thought he was doing a good thing but somewhere along the line something happen to him. I know I sure would like to rescue more animals but as I do not have the place or money to do so I don't but sometimes people become obsessed and in the long run the animals suffer. So even though I ask you to help out and consider rescuing an animal in need, think long and hard, just like children they need love and attention and a safe place to thrive. Thanks for listening. Sad Cats, Sad Mom.

No comments:

Post a Comment