Thursday, January 23, 2014

Phantom of the Opera?

Last night as I was settling in Jezzebel joined me and we snuggled up she was purring so happy. Jekyll was sleeping in his box, Sophia and Jinx were curled up in the living room and Phantom was somewhere. He usually curls up on one side of me and Jezzebel on the other. So I figured he was sleeping somewhere else, just as I drifted off to sleep I hear him meow very loudly and I call out for him to come in the bedroom, he just keeps up the racket and I figure I should get up and see what he is caterwauling about. Before I could I hear him racing through the living room to the kitchen and still making a racket, which is accompanied by a toy sliding across the floor, so he's playing but very loudly. I settle back down and am almost asleep again when I hear a very loud hissing spitting noise. This is Jezzebel who has chased Phantom off the bed and is standing guard at the end of it. I see Phantom on the floor looking at me with those big blue eyes as if to say really I just want to curl up and go to sleep. Jezz was not having any of this as she had decided it was time to take over her rightful spot next to me. So off Phantom went and as he left I heard a very mournful meoooooow. Kind of eerie. Not Happy cat.

No comments:

Post a Comment