Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Not so fun cat and dog fact.

Marijuana poisoning in pets. This is from an article by Dog Time. It appears with the rise of legalization of marijuana that animals are eating the plant. Now I personally do not care what people do in their own homes, but if you grow and have pets and children pay attention to the effects on your pet. They include acting sedated, wobbly, act drunk, or it can go the other way, agitation increased heart rate and extreme distress. Dogs become incontinent stagger around and dribble urine. Not a pretty site I am sure. Other signs include dilated pupils, increased salivation, decreased body temps seizures and coma. All of these can provide fatal to your pet. Cats and dogs love to eat things especially if it looks good. A cat may think the stuff is his catnip. Or people who bake with it may just leave what looks like a really good treat that Fido wants, and Bam sick and possibly dead. The secondhand smoke can also be deadly to your baby, so take heed smoking weed may be killing your furry babies. Well anyway I told you I would also do information on pets, sorry it was a shocking tale today, but well I am all about making sure people read the good bad and ugly. If you have any comments about this story please feel free to do so, or if you have any other info let me know. I can also provide the web site where I read the information. Thanks and Happy Cat.

No comments:

Post a Comment