Sunday, January 12, 2014

Jekyll

Jekyll has a thing with boxes. I don't care if the box is to small for him, he will try to make it work. So does he get into to it and think yes I can, yes I can, fit in this box. Most of the boxes that have came into the house are not his size. He is a 3XL Tall in the domesticated cat world. That is a big cat. I know I mentioned that the boot box he took over was getting really broken up and that I didn't have the heart to take it away. He still has it even though I brought another box home. So out came the duct tape and I taped it for him. Hey if he gets great pleasure out of that boot box so be it. Jekyll is a weird boy, he has a meow that would only fit a smaller cat, and he tries to tip toe around like he is smaller but alas he is not. Sometimes I think he needs to go on a diet, but he is one solid cat, no flab on that one. Also he use to sleep in one chair in the living room with his blanket until the dog slept on it and made it stink, so even though I washed it and but it back, showed it to him, he now sleeps on my bed. I really wish he wouldn't as sometimes he traps me by laying on one side of me than Phantom lays on the other side, makes me feel like I'm a big ole sardine. He also has this habit of chasing little Sophia through the house, as I said he makes almost three of her. Well she runs from him and next thing you know she stops dead in her tracks plops down and raises on her hind quarters and strikes a pose with claws extended, ears back and hissing like a tormented snake. Jekyll stops mid chase sits down looks at Sophia as if to say I was only trying to have some fun. Then he walks away. I always wonder what he is thinking, or if he ever thinks at all. He appears to have excepted his fate, living in a house full of other cats, a rather surley 14 year old boy, a stinky dog and of course me. I suspose he is happy sometimes. As in the movies I wish he could tell me what he thinks, but I am not Dr. Dolittle and this isn't the movies so I will just have to do the best I can to read his body language and purrs. Happy Jekyll? Happy Mom? We'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment