Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Silence of the Cats

Most days it is crazy when I walk in the door. I work long hours and when I arrive I have many tasks to do before I can relax. Today was not the exception. But for some reason everyone settled down rather quickly. Wonder what is up. Possibly they are storing up energy to make midnight attacks and cause a general ruckus. This does happen on occasion. My favorite is when the two male cats run through the house and not lightly. They sound like a small herd of elephants. Really this can wake you up from a dead sleep.They start at one end of the house run through the living room to the kitchen up on the counter and back down again. The thump on the floor is unnerving. Or the cat who jumps on the refrigerator and then jumps down on the gas stove with a crash as the grates rattle, oh and I have to remove the knobs as like small children they have been known to turn on the gas. Well anyway I am grateful for the small reprieve of peace and quite for what ever small moment I can get. So you still want a cat?

No comments:

Post a Comment