Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Asthma in Cats. Know the signs.

If you have a wheezy cat, that cat may have asthma. The following information is taken from an email I received from Dr. Jon at Petplace.com. I love this website, it is very informative and also has some great tips and videos of cat doing crazy things. Just like at home. Asthma in cats may also be known as "Feline Lower Airway Disease". Common signs include. Fast Breathing. Difficulty Breathing. Noisy Breathing, a wheeze or high pitched sound. Coughing. Some cats will cough, however they rarely do. If you have any concerns that your cat may have asthma see your vet. Some of the things you can do to minimize attacks are, use a low dust litter, minimize your use of aerosol spray cans, and no smoking around your pet. For more information on the subject please feel free to visit Petplace.com. This is a wonderful site and you can sign up for newsletters that interest you as well. The sad thing is your pets are prone to some of the same things as your Auntie Hilda, or Uncle Billy Bob. Animals can suffer from cancer, heart problems, and kidney problems, they can also develop cataracts. All of those illnesses create tough choices for kitty and doggy owners. I guess pet insurance could certainly come in handy. I must say with 5 cats I cannot at this time afford it let alone my own heath insurance. So I pray that my furry babies eat well, drink lots of water and stay safe as possible inside. That's all for today I hope to see you again tomorrow. Happy Cat, Happy Momma Cat.

No comments:

Post a Comment