Sunday, May 4, 2014

Hmm What is that?

Cats I am finding are really interesting creatures, but you know I have the most amazing cats. Okay I joke of course, all cats are amazing, well maybe not. Here is an interesting tidbit for you that I received from 1800PetMeds. The large triangular flap that makes up the cats external ear is called the "pinna". Now look at the little flap on the outside of a cats ear at the base. This is called the culaneous marginal pouch. Or Henry's Pocket. Now was Henry the guy who came up with the name as he did research on it or what, or who the heck is Henry anyway. Will I guess that one is for another day. Now lets get back to amazing. My cats either have an internal clock that says it's time for mom to get up and let's wake her up (even on my days off), or the food dish is empty. Either way I get up and check and go back to bed, or get ready for work. Just once I would like to not be licked or have my head sat on, on my day off before daylight. Just once please. Jekyll always knows when the water dish is not full enough or needs to be changed. He will sit and paw at the bowl and make a clanging sound on it to get your attention. Sure enough it needs one or both things to fix the water situation. And of course we have discussed how they know I will be walking through the door after work or from wherever I went. I am not a creature of habit, I do not always come straight home from work, so I am not sure how they know it's me. Also when I have my lovely daughter in law come to clip nails, Jezzebel always know something is up as she heads for the hills, or any place I cannot reach her easily. By the way Jezz that day needs to be soon, very soon. I often wonder just how the heck they know a certain bag has their food in it as well. Do the cans or bag of food have a certain scent on them that says guess what I brought home. I have no idea but it seems feasible. Sophia always goes for the right bag. Well it's still really early and I think I hear a nap calling me, plus it's still dark, so chow for now. Happy Cat.

No comments:

Post a Comment