Saturday, May 3, 2014

Midnight at the Crazy Cat Ladies House.

It does not look like this picture, it looks more like cats on catnip. Way to much catnip. I know that for the most part the cats sleep the day away. When I come home from work they are raring to go, and follow me everywhere. Even the bathroom, and if I shut the door all the way, paws are under the door. It is funny to see a paw coming under the door, like they can get under it. It is said that cats may get crazy at night like their ancestors because that is when cats mostly hunted and avoided other larger animals at night. So a hunting we will go. I just wish it wasn't at my house. As I mentioned I get up early, and to have a cat or two or three or more, (you get the idea) running around the house chasing each other and furry mice, it can wake you right up. I hate that. There are also some thoughts that they are bored all day when you are gone and this is the perfect time to play. Hey you are a captive audience, your sleeping. Kittens I swear are the most prone to Midnight Craziness, they store all that energy up and something just lights a fire under their little butt's and off they go. I don't see this as a behavior problem, I see it as a cat doing what it just does. I know that there are studies on this, I have read bits and pieces here and there, but if you what a crazy cat lady's thoughts, they are bored and what you to play with them some more. I know this is the case here at my house. Having so many cats can be a chore sometimes, along with everything else. I do try to make sure they have plenty of open curtains and places to watch the world go by when I am gone, but nothing beats getting on the floor for some play time and cuddles. Happy Cats, and not to many Midnight Crazies.

No comments:

Post a Comment