Tuesday, March 11, 2014

March of the Cats, Day 10.

With heavy heart I must tell you that Sophia's boy passed away on March 10th,2014. Here is the last picture that I had taken of both of them, sleeping on the couch together. Jake has lived with the cat gang and I for almost 4 years, and he was Sophia's favorite, she followed him everywhere and sometimes drove him crazy getting under his feet, but I think that he really did like her. I know she loved him as only a cat can. Actually I think she preferred him over every other living thing in this house. I had a love hate relationship with Jake. He was smelly and hated to be brushed, but Jake was a good dog. One summer when I was unemployed I babysat Jake, this was before I became a kitty momma. My son was unable to leave him alone as he caused a ruckus and barked a lot, I think he also liked to chew stuff up, so Jake and I kept each other company for awhile, till I found work again. Jake was my son's best buddy, and if he wasn't working Jake was usually with him wherever he went. Jake Liked to ride. My favorite memory is of Jake sneaking off with the cat dishes they left with cat food in them, he would take them into my son's room and lick them clean. Jake will be missed, and I am sure most of by Sophia and my son. So rest in peace, where all good dogs go. Sad Sophia.

No comments:

Post a Comment