Friday, March 14, 2014

March of the Cats, Day 13

Yes we know that we are a day behind, but in my world it works out that way. After the snowfall that we had and all the shoveling I had to do, I just needed my beauty rest and surprisingly not one cat choose to write the blog for mom. Now how can that be. Well the little darlings have been very sedate and not hissing or fighting the last few days, I can only say it must be that there is a member of their family missing. As I told you Sophia was Jake the Dog's best buddy. She has been very quite. My son even commented that she just wasn't right. I know that it will only be a matter of days and they will be better, but since mom is going away for a day, this will cause some distress as well. But it has to be. Cats are certainly odd little characters, they have whims and wants, they go around with those tail's of theirs swishing around when they are mad or happy, doesn't matter which. Watch a cat swish a tail sometime it is very interesting. A crouching cat is of interest also, doesn't mean they are going to pounce and kill something, it could only be to attack a brother to play. Such a diverse little animal. Purring cats also signal different things, these can vary. Some of the examples include contentment. A mother cat purrs to her kitten's when they return to her. A frightened cat will purr to appease the aggressive one (not Jezzabel). A cat will use it in self healing and in pain. Sadly enough a dying cat will also purr. I like to think my babies purr mostly as a sign of love. Happy Cats, tired but Happy Mom.

No comments:

Post a Comment