Thursday, March 27, 2014

March of the Cats, Day 27.

Well as you can see the March of the Cats is almost at the end. Seriously I have had fun with this one. March has been a rough one. The weather has been extreme and everyone is very tired of it. I know my felines want fresh air, and they certainly want to go outside as well as I would love to be outside getting my flower beds put back in shape. I really would like to construct some sort of outdoor area for the cats that they could go outside and sun themselves on the milder warm days. Cats are affected by extreme heat as humans are, but as their little body temperatures are higher than ours can tolerate the heat a bit better. Not much , but if you ever notice even on days that we may consider it to warm they will still seek out a ray of sun or two. I know my bunch like nothing better than to sun themselves in the window with a fresh breeze blowing in the window. It is interesting to watch them as they look out the window and catch a smell on the wind. The nose goes into overdrive and the ears twitch and they are on high alert. What a beautiful sight. Cats can made a chortle sound when they see birds in a tree or a bunny in the yard. It is a strange chattering type of sound. When I here it and they are in a pounce position I know something has their wild instinct up. I am pretty certain that if they ever had the opportunity to try and catch a wild thing, they probably wouldn't know what to do with it. Then again maybe they would. So as we wind down the month of March, and look forward to warmer days, keep this thought in mind. Cats are interesting little creatures, they can love you or leave you. They are crazy and funny, soft and cuddly, or in my case need Prozac. Happy Cats.

No comments:

Post a Comment