Monday, March 24, 2014

March of the Cats, Day 24

Let's talk about the things cats do that can make you crazy. One item on my list is they can never throw up a fur ball on the kitchen or bathroom floor, it is either on the carpet or my bed. Yes my bed, I actually woke up to a cat hocking up a fur ball one night. On the bed. Geesh. Sometimes cats wake you up out of a sound sleep screaming, and I mean they can scream, or the crying baby sound that some cats can make. I have one of those, and it terrifies me every time I hear it, I haven't a clue to weather she is being attacked or stepped on, or what. So I get up and go look, usually with her it's because she is lonely. I pet her to soothe her and let her in with my grandson, or find someone she can curl up with. Now lets talk about those cats that like to bring presents. Now experts say that they could be bringing you a mouse or mole to thank you for feeding them. Or that they are sharing a successful hunt. In the wild this is what big cats do, and I guess that this is instinct. So if you find a present from your cat don't punish them, hunting is natural to them. In the cats world whatever they do is natural and what feels right to them. I have one who paws my arm for attention, and this is his thing, makes me crazy as I am usually doing something I think is important, but to them I am certainly not to busy to pay attention to them. My other favorite thing that makes me crazy is the big cat jumping on the bed and plopping down on my feet and is very hard to move, he is comfortable I am not, but I always feel bad if I make him move. I cherish my cats, and all of their quaint quirks. I just wish they would clean their own litter box. I still need a cat nanny. Happy Cat.

No comments:

Post a Comment