Tuesday, March 11, 2014

March of the Cats, Day 11.

Ever want to see a cat head for the hills as fast as they can? Grab a vacuum cleaner and there they go the top of the couch, top of the dresser in a cupboard, on the refrigerator, any where safe from the loud roaring machine that they think just might eat them alive. If I want to get them under control I just grab the vacuum and set it in the middle of a room and they scatter to the safe places, and I can have peace and quite for a few minutes. You think that's mean, not really. I just have never understood how they became fearful of the vacuum or thunder. Of course it could be the loud noise it makes. But with thunder I have two that hide and hide so well I can't find them, and the rest could care less, one cat will sit in the window like a little storm chaser and watch it boom and light up the sky. Turning on the garbage disposal brings on about the same response, or my hair dryer, that one gets the bathroom cleared real quick. I think I will look into the effects of loud noises and animals, I am almost sure someone was given a grant to study that. So I will check it out and get back to you with that information. So for today we will leave you with this thought, as we told you Jake the Dog passed away yesterday, to those of you who have lost your beloved companion, my heart is with you and it is natural to grieve for your best buddy. Take care, Hugs from the Cat Clan.

No comments:

Post a Comment