Saturday, March 8, 2014

March of the Cats, Day 8

Here is some interesting information I read this morning. The article is by Virginia Wells. I will just give you the basics. This is about the sleeping behaviors of cats. Cats sleep between 13 and 16 hours a day, depending on their sleep patterns it can be a large part of the day or later in the day, and my wish would be when I am sleeping not when I am at work. Indoor cats mostly sleep out of boredom. I seriously wonder how my clowder of cats can be bored, after all they go around irritating each other when I am home. Most cats are active at dawn and at dusk, this term is called crepuscular. Just as cats in the wild have to be alert your domestic cat is always on alert (sometimes I wonder about that at my house) when he sleeps his finely tuned senses are still active and ready to spring into action. Ear's rotate as he stays in touch with his environment and if hears a noise will open their eyes and assess the situation. A sleeping cat can transform from a deeply sleeping cat to fully alert and back again. I have seen this in action, from sleeping deeply to alert and back to sleep. 0 to 60 seconds flat. Well we certainly hope you enjoyed this info, and the picture of Phantom, not sure why he was sitting in the doorway, but with his tail under the door it was cute. Happy Mom.

No comments:

Post a Comment